This is the hardest hosting software I have ever used

Your documents have waisted me 4 days and my domain and website is still down
This Devilbox/docker/wsl2/ubuntu (on windows 10) wasn’t built in regards for people wanting to use this as a production server.
The time and energy i have used so far is outrageous.

I need earthier a video or detail word for word with pictures PLEASE DONT SAY ITS IN THE DOCS its not going to show me anything new that I dont know already honestly i have checked 100 times and it keeps bringing me around in circles …

I have used WAMP = no issues (step by step guides for production)
I have used XAMP = no issues (step by step guides for production)
I have used WinNMP = no issues (step by step guides for production)
I have used others… NO ISSUES

This software could have so much potential but the end result is who ever has written the docs weren’t thinking that we would be using this also as a production server not just a toy around for local projects.

I need my Domain pointing to my project on this software
I need to put my SSL Clouldflare certificates for HTTPS
I need varnish with a proxy so that apache and nginx can work side by side with varnish,memcached,redis

Windows 2000, XP, 2012, 7, Vista, 10 (never been hacked)
Ubuntu (been hacked) I will never use again
Home Server Specs
8 cores
32gb ddr 4
graphics card 8gb NVIDIA
hard drive m2 NVME (fastest hard drive on the planet)
CPU 4.5 ghz

If nobody from the ownership of this devilbox who wrote the documentation or who ever created the software apologizes to me and everyone else who has given up and left already will end up as a result by me writing up an extremely bad review on this software and how you have left us all out by not covering in detail the most important things such as a production server including pics and videos.

Your grumble doesn’t help anyone.
Because “you need” something doesn’t mean that a free software is obliged to provide it to you.

Please read again the MIT License especially the part that says

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

So you perhaps should apologize for your behavior.

2 Likes

I’ve shortened your Posting to the essential information:

“I need it all and I need it perfect and I need the best support possible and I WANT IT FOR FREE.”

You’re welcome.

1 Like

You need to understand this is not “hosting software”. This project provides docker images that support PHP services. Knowing what docker is, and how to use it, is an essential skill needed to even get started. It sounds like you don’t understand that.

If you have spend two whole days trying to understand what this is and how to use it, then I’m guessing you must have learned something. This is an open source project and community, and relies on people contributing.

If you learned anything and see the documentation as lacking, then why not post the details? Help save someone else like you investing two days into using this project and getting nowhere. I do understand it is an investment. It does take time. It does take effort. And that is why posts on this forum are best created to help others take this project forward. I don’t think your post helps anyone in the slightest. I’m not going to tell you it’s all free and nobody owes you anything - that is also not helpful. I can tell you that an amazing amount of work and effort has been put into the code and documentation here. It is a shining example of a useful, helpful and well thought-out open source project. That earns my respect.

Are going to step up and help?

1 Like

@CanadaCommunity I think you need to apologize because of your negative behavior. Still, Hats off to @jason who has explained things beautifully. You need to respect others if you want to get help. It is free software and Nobody owes you anything. You better understand it as soon as possible.

1 Like