I have an existing application I am porting to the devildoc environment. It uses ‘localhost’ as the hostname for the dbo connections.
When I attempt to run the application I get the SQLSTATE[HY000]  error.
If I run mysql from the ./shell command line without a hostname, I get the same error. I have tried mysql from specifying a variety of hostname with the results as follows:
localhost - failure
127.0.0.1 - success
container hostname - success
container IP - success
However, I only get failures from the application - when changing the hostname in the dbconn.
In MySQL, the username is configured with a % for the hostname. I have tried adding the IP address, subnet, localhost, etc but the results are always the same.
I have another application that is working fine in the same vhost (different directory).