No Host DNS record found - hosts edited

Using Docker for Windows, I have edited the etc/hosts file in Windows 10. Locally ping answers correctly 127.0.0.1 yet on the Devilbox UI vhosts page it shows it can’t find the entry. This happens regardless of starting the bind service. Has this happened to anyone? How is bind any different than direct entries in etc/hosts? In any case the site does load using the vhost name.

I am having a similar problem but on an Ubuntu 20.04 system on digital ocean. The entries listed as missing are definitely there in the /etc/hosts file and using ping with the vhost name reports 127.0.0.1 as expected. Anyone have any suggestions on how to debug this? How does the devilbox UI determine that these entries do not exist when they definitely do?

Looks like the problem was that the new virtual project directory I added was misconfigured. Moving this directory out of the way fixed the previously working projects. What’s not clear is what was wrong with the way I configured the new virtual project directory, is there a log file which should contain this information? I went through all the log files in the log directory and did not see anything. Any pointers would be most appreciated